Vancouver Island University Jobs | Secretary, Student Affairs Career Opportunity at Vancouver Island University Careers Web-page. Vancouver Island University Nanaimo, British Columbia Jobs . Find-out Nanaimo, British Columbia Government Jobs for freshers. Nanaimo Entry Level Jobs In British Columbia. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Nanaimo, British Columbia. Get All Hiring Updates From employees.viu.ca
Notification Out From Vancouver Island University Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In Vancouver Island University, Can Apply For Jobs In Vancouver Island University For The Position Of Secretary, Student Affairs. Read Out Full Job Description About This Vancouver Island University Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
Vancouver Island University Jobs | Secretary, Student Affairs Careers Opportunity In Nanaimo, British Columbia
Vancouver Island University Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With Vancouver Island University As A Secretary, Student Affairs, Now They Can Apply For Vancouver Island University Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On Vancouver Island University Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $ 43875.00 per year. Vancouver Island University Jobs In Nanaimo, British Columbia.
Briefed Details Of Vancouver Island University Jobs For Position Of Secretary, Student Affairs
Recruiting Agency / Department :- Vancouver Island University
Vacant Position :- Secretary, Student Affairs
Jobs Type :- Vancouver Island University Jobs Canada
Salary :- $ 43875.00 per year
Apply Through:- employees.viu.ca
Vancouver Island University Jobs In British Columbia, Canada Full Job Description
- Provide secretarial support and reception to the overall Health and Wellness Centre, which includes the Health Clinic.
- In a first-contact capacity respond to appointment requests and queries demonstrating a sound understanding of Student Affairs overall services and directing students or staff, (often in sensitive situations) to the appropriate area.
- Prioritize area workload requests, complete tasks independently while actively maintaining communication with supervisor and coworkers.
- Maintain and manage confidential student information.
- Refer students and faculty to services and external resources as appropriate.
One-year certificate in ABT, or equivalent, from an appropriately accredited institution.
Two years’ experience working in a general office setting, one year experience working in a post-secondary environment. Two years additional experience working in a student services environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Advanced word processing skills. Should include computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, desktop publishing, spreadsheets and database programs. Familiarity with office procedures. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Training/experience in an environment that provides service to a diverse student population (cross cultures, students with disabilities, LGBTQ students, students in emotional distress) in order to meet increased service demands of these groups.
Ability to problem solve and react effectively and calmly when responding to students in distress.
Training in Non-violent Crisis Intervention and/or Critical Incident Stress Management
VIU is pleased to offer employees a comprehensive benefit plan; ample paid holiday time; professional development opportunities and a desirable pension plan that takes the worry out of retirement. As part of the VIU campus community, our employees work with supportive colleagues within an encouraging environment and are provided with the tools and training that promote learning and development. The perks of VIU employment are multiple, and include well-being initiatives and services, strategic discounts and hybrid work opportunities.
- Short-listed candidates must provide original transcripts, or applicable original certifications at time of interview.
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- Vancouver Island University (VIU) is collectively committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment for faculty, staff, and students. In our journey towards greater diversity, we invite applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all gender identities and sexual orientations who bring value to the VIU community through their lived experiences. We encourage members of all equity-seeking groups to self-identify within their application cover letter. When a candidate voluntarily discloses this information in their cover letter, the information will be used only for the fulfillment of the career opportunity. Disclosure and/or self-identification with an equity-seeking group will not lead to advantageous treatment of a candidate who is not qualified.