Red Deer College Jobs | Testing Services Assistant Career Opportunity at Red Deer College Careers Web-page. Red Deer College Red Deer, Alberta Jobs . Find-out Red Deer, Alberta Government Jobs for freshers. Red Deer Entry Level Jobs In Alberta. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Red Deer, Alberta. Get All Hiring Updates From employment.rdc.ab.ca/
Notification Out From Red Deer College Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In Red Deer College , Can Apply For Jobs In Red Deer College For The Position Of Testing Services Assistant. Read Out Full Job Description About This Red Deer College Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
Red Deer College Jobs | Testing Services Assistant Careers Opportunity In Red Deer, Alberta
Red Deer College Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With Red Deer College As A Testing Services Assistant , Now They Can Apply For Red Deer College Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On Red Deer College Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $ 21.22 an hour. Red Deer College Jobs In Red Deer, Alberta.
Briefed Details Of Red Deer College Jobs For Position Of Testing Services Assistant
Recruiting Agency / Department :- Red Deer College
Vacant Position :- NO JOBS AVAILABLE AT TIME
Jobs Type :- Red Deer College Jobs Canada
Salary :- $ 21.22 an hour
Apply Through:- employment.rdc.ab.ca/
Red Deer College Jobs In Alberta, Canada Full Job Description
The Testing Services Assistant is a member of the department of Student Supports at Red Deer Polytechnic. Student Supports works to cultivate mental health and overall well-being with the Red Deer Polytechnic learning community through counselling, capacity building, stigma reduction, accessibility and inclusion services, skill building, and mental health education.
The Testing Services Assistant is responsible to support the facilitation, delivery and invigilation of various exams on behalf of Red Deer Polytechnic Testing Services, and support the students, faculty, staff and patrons who utilize the Test Centre.
Under the direction of the Testing Services Coordinator, the Testing Services Assistant registers, books, prepares, invigilates, finalizes various types of exams, while supporting the operation of Testing Services by providing quality customer service in a learner-centered environment.
Registration and Booking:
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of exam booking systems, such as Accuplacer, Typist and Clockwork (Access+), to review exam booking information.
- Assist students, faculty, staff, and patrons to use relevant booking tools and processes to schedule exams.
- Refer students to the Accessibility Technology Strategist and/or Accessibility Coordinator for additional training when needed.
- Update and revise “FAQs” and information for faculty and staff regarding booking exams and using Access+ as outlined by the Testing Services Coordinator.
- Use various modalities to communicate and enhance the student test-taking experience, including creating and updating online content (such as webpages, internal portal pages, forms).
- Follow protocols when setting up exams based on exam type (entrance, placement test, final, deferred and supplemental exams, make-up tests), student accommodations, and program/ instructor requirements, as needed.
- For third-party exam services, set up exams by submitting required vouchers and/ or information to a third-party e-proctoring service and confirming, as needed, with the student and/or Office of the Registrar.
- Communicate any issues regarding third-party services to the Testing Services Coordinator
- Ensure the outlined accommodations are available by ensuring functioning and updates are made to assistive technology when needed.
- Assist with and instruct students and clients in the correct operation of computer equipment and testing software and provide initial troubleshooting for any hardware and software issues, submitting an IT ticket for more complex issues.
- Follow best practices when invigilating (both in-person and online) in order to support a student-centered experience, academic integrity, and exam security. This includes, but is not limited to: visual supervision; remote screen supervision using relevant software; frequent walks through testing labs; consistent book and required test material flip-throughs; etc.
- Maintain knowledge of testing features in Blackboard, lockdown browsers (such as Respondus) and third-party proctoring software in order to troubleshoot testing issues.
- Investigate flags as identified by third-party proctoring software.
- Document any exam incidents (such as academic misconduct) that occur and provide evidence to the instructor and the Testing Service Coordinator.
- Follow protocols to collect, file and retain completed exams.
- Return completed exams to instructors.
- Report completed entrance/placement assessment results to the relevant department.
- Support operations of Testing Services and the NOVA Chemicals Learning Common Service Desk through opening and closing the service desk, answering in person, phone and email inquiries, greeting and directing examinees.
- Monitor space to ensure a safe, quiet and welcoming environment.
- Clean and organize the Testing Services Offices and Testing Lab areas on a regular basis.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of automated circulation systems (SIRSI), in order to perform all functions related to the booking, loaning, and returning of learning resources, including laptops and equipment.
- Provide initial troubleshooting and resolve hardware and software issues (i.e. issues related to log-in, printing, software errors, etc.) for NCLC technology, including machinery, hardware, and productivity software, and submits an IT ticket for more complex issues.
- Communicate information daily about events, schedules, technology issues, and booking conflicts through a variety of communication tools including TS/NCLC Digital signage.
- Actively participate in relevant training and professional development activities as they become available.
- Actively acquire knowledge and skills related to the position.
- Training new employees, as advised by the Testing Services Coordinator.
- Share knowledge and best practices with colleagues as appropriate on a regular and ongoing basis to contribute to shared learning.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize workload under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and collaboratively within a changing, progressive, team-oriented environment.
- Strong computer skills in various applications including MS Office, database software and web applications.
- Ability to conduct basic technology (i.e. hardware and software) troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstration of effective judgment, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to engage in public speaking and communicate effectively with large groups.
- Experience working with confidential information and education technology in a standardized test environment is an asset.
- Experience working with individuals needing academic accommodations is an asset.
- Previous experience working at Red Deer Polytechnic may be considered an asset.
Red Deer Polytechnic offers a comprehensive benefits package including extended health and dental care through Blue Cross, access to a health spending account, pension plan, Employee & Family Assistance Program, generous vacation allotments, credit tuition waivers and opportunities for professional development funding. Additional time off due to Institution closures between Christmas and New Year general holidays.
- Eligibility to access the above-mentioned benefits dependent upon the CUPE Collective Agreement and related RDP policies.
- Cover Letter
- References Names and Contact Information