To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably – buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably – natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly – urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high‑quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary and patented material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost‑efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?
Who you are
We’re looking for mavericks—individuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
You’re self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
You’re a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, you’ve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
You’re an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how you’re working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
About the role
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, Finishing, you’ll lead a team of Production Team Members in the manufacture of our innovative, sustainable building panels. First and foremost, you will be directly responsible for the safe and efficient execution of our Finishing process. We’ll lean on you to drive performance and production within your team, as well as strive for continuous improvement of our processes. Day-to-day, you will lead your team with respect and purpose in the meeting of production goals, while maintaining the strongest commitments to quality and safety.
Nature of Work:
1. Lead a team of Production Team Members in meeting required production levels as specified by daily and weekly schedules
2. Be accountable for the consistent quality of products and assembly processes
3. Ensure all work is completed in a safe manner and ensure compliance with HSE standards and procedures at all times
4. Ensure team members have the proper materials and resources to accomplish tasks
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
1. Be involved with process improvements in the Finishing department
2. Troubleshoot and problem solve issues in a pro-active manner to ensure production targets remain on-track
3. Ability to perform quality inspections as necessary and address or escalate issues
4. Ability to learn a variety of new processes and the flexibility to help where needed
1. Lead a dynamic team on projects in a manufacturing environment under tight deadlines and heavy schedules
2. Lead and maintain a positive, respectful, and purpose-driven environment
3. A desire to take training in areas identified as necessary for your position
4. Support with training and performance management of new and existing team members
Knowledge and Experience:
1. Hands-on attitude, capability, and willingness to work alongside team members you are leading
2. Demonstrated experience in developing effective teams
3. Ability to identify problems, visualize ideal solutions, and implement those solutions in the most meaningful way
4. Demonstrated organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
5. Experience as a Production Team Member or Lead Hand in a manufacturing plant, optimally a precast concrete plant
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.