IISD Jobs | Accounting Assistant Career Opportunity at IISD Careers Web-page. IISD Winnipeg,Manitoba Jobs . Find-out Winnipeg, Manitoba Government Jobs for freshers. Winnipeg Entry Level Jobs In Manitoba. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Get All Hiring Updates From www.iisd.org
Notification Out From IISD Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In IISD , Can Apply For Jobs In IISD For The Position Of Accounting Assistant. Read Out Full Job Description About This IISD Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
IISD Jobs | Accounting Assistant Careers Opportunity In Winnipeg, Manitoba
IISD Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With IISD As A Accounting Assistant, Now They Can Apply For IISD Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On IISD Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around Per$ $ 44000.00–45000.00 Per Year per year IISD Jobs In Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Briefed Details Of IISD Jobs For Position Of Accounting Assistant
Recruiting Agency / Department :- IISD
Vacant Position :- Accounting Assistant
Jobs Type :- IISD Jobs Canada
Salary :- $ 44000.00–45000.00 Per Year
IISD Jobs In Manitoba, Canada Full Job Description
$44,000–$45,000 a year
Full Job Description
The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) is an independent think tank that delivers the knowledge to act. Our mission is to promote human development and environmental sustainability. Our big-picture view allows us to address the root causes of some of the greatest challenges facing our planet today—a changing climate, ecological destruction, social exclusion, unfair laws and economic rules. With offices in Winnipeg, Geneva, Ottawa, and Toronto, our work affects lives in nearly 100 countries.
The person in this position will be a member of the general accounting team. They will be responsible for assisting the senior accounting manager and controller in maintaining the financial accounting records of the Institute. This person will also work closely in coordination with the project financial analysts. This person will report to the senior accounting manager.
- Prepares vouchers for approval, which includes entering vendor number, expense code, and GST calculations.
- Keys in and posts accounts payable vouchers into Sage for processing payments.
- Files paid invoices.
- Matches supplier invoices with purchase authorizations.
- Matches invoices received with consulting contracts and project contracts, ensuring appropriate authorization has been received and issues payment.
- Ensures invoiced goods and/or services were received.
- Ensures price and terms were as quoted, reconciles invoices with supplier statements, and delivers payments to banks and businesses.
- Will address any accounts payable-related issues or conflicts regarding late payment, inquires regarding payments, invoices, or approvals.
Expense claims and travel costs
- Matches travel charges with approved travel authorizations and vouchers travel billings for payment.
- Receives and processes staff expense claims.
- Matches vouchers with expense claim forms.
- Calculates GST.
- Ensures claims have been properly signed.
- Verifies accuracy of expense claim forms.
- Completes code expense claims for accounting distribution of charges.
- Prepares payments for signature with voucher package.
- In respect of general ledger functions, enters transaction reclassification between codes input.
- Prepares monthly payment batches.
- Maintains working relationship with banking personnel.
- Prepares the daily e-deposit for cheques online as required.
- Brings cheques over CAD 250,000 to the bank for deposit.
Other general accounting and finance duties
- Backup support for other accounting assistants with the following duties:
- Issuing payments to suppliers/associates
- Preparing vendor payments
- Applies postage to regular mail and small parcels
Other duties as assigned.
Overtime is required from time to time.
Location: Winnipeg (Remote with possible 1-2 days/week in office as needed)
Salary: CAD 44,000–CAD 45,000 (depending on location and experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: * Open until filled.
Applications will only be accepted through Bamboo HR. Please include the following:
- A CV (no longer than two pages)
- A cover letter, one page
- IISD Voluntary Self-Identification Questionnaire
- All submissions must be in English
All applicants must have the authorization to work in Canada without any sponsorship from IISD.
Only those candidates we wish to interview will be contacted. Resumes will be kept on file for one year.
IISD has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees who are required or choose to be at an office or participate in in-person team events or in-person meetings/events to be fully vaccinated. Anyone unable to be fully vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or a disability that prevents them from being fully vaccinated can request a reasonable accommodation.
IISD is committed to fostering a more equitable and sustainable world and welcomes candidates who uphold our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. In addition, to correct the conditions of social injustice and disadvantage in employment around the world, we encourage candidates from historically marginalized groups, including women, Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, people from different racial and ethnic backgrounds, and those who identify themselves as 2SLGBTQIA+ to apply for this position. Preference will be given to the equity-deserving groups during the hiring process. We offer reasonable accommodations in our recruitment process and seek applicants’ advice on how best to accommodate their needs. Please self-identify and answer our employment equity questions on our applicant tracking system when you apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $44,000.00-$45,000.00 per year