GTAA Jobs | Firefighter Recruit Career Opportunity at GTAA Careers Web-page. GTAA Toronto, Ontario Jobs . Find-out Toronto, Ontario Government Jobs for freshers. Toronto Entry Level Jobs In Ontario. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Toronto, Ontario. Get All Hiring Updates From careers.gtaa.com
Notification Out From GTAA Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In GTAA, Can Apply For Jobs In GTAA For The Position Of Firefighter Recruit. Read Out Full Job Description About This GTAA Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
GTAA Jobs | Firefighter Recruit Careers Opportunity In Toronto, Ontario
GTAA Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With GTAA As A Firefighter Recruit, Now They Can Apply For GTAA Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On GTAA Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $ 33.20–36.51 an hour . GTAA Jobs In Toronto, Ontario.
Briefed Details Of GTAA Jobs For Position Of Firefighter Recruit
Recruiting Agency / Department :- GTAA
Vacant Position :- Administrative Assistant, Pass Permit Office (1 x 6 month term)
Jobs Type :- GTAA Jobs Canada
Salary :- $ 33.20–36.51 an hour
Apply Through:- careers.gtaa.com
GTAA Jobs In Ontario, Canada Full Job Description
Full Job Description
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) is a unique and dynamic place to work. Approximately 1,400 GTAA employees work non-stop with our partners and agencies to deliver a safe and welcoming airport experience at Canada’s leading global hub airport, Toronto Pearson. The impacts of the pandemic have been significant to our industry, yet we remain Pearson Strong and are realizing the opportunity to accelerate our Healthy Airport commitment. Join us on our accelerated journey in creating the airport of the future in a smart, healthy and profitable way.
Reporting to the Manager, Pass Permit and Security Regulatory Compliance this position provides administrative support to the Manager, Pass Permit including but not limited to: preparation of correspondence/reports, records management; supporting external and internal partner management; reviewing and providing Pass Control clearance & application forms; and responding to safety & security queries/complaints.
- Provide administrative support for office supply inventory, preparation of correspondence/reports, scheduling and coordinating meetings, tracking of staff training, responding to safety & security queries/complaints, development and refinement of specialized forms and maintaining pass office library.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly analytics from various pass office data collection tools including but not limited to RAPS, C-cure, RAIC, Transport Canada, Qmatic and Virtual Queueing. Development of quality assurance reports and presentations.
- Forecasting demand for required services and resources.
- Provide support with external partner management. Establishing and maintaining accounts, inventory management, audits, operating requirements, signing authorities, validating access levels, maintenance of vehicle markers
- Ensures internal compliance with GTAA Corporate Administrative policies regarding record management and retention
- Provides specialized administrative support function, provide and explain Pass Control clearance & application forms, issuance of pass office staff parking permits
This unionized position is classified at the Band 4 level, with an hourly wage range of $33.20 to $36.51, based on a 37.5 hour work week. The successful candidate must be available to commence the duties of the position once a selection decision has been made. A typing and written technical test will be administered as a part of the competitive process. An eligibility list may be created.
Candidates with relevant external experience must provide references with their applications in order to confirm this experience.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada. The GTAA will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to disability or any other ground protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
- An accomplished customer service representative/administrative assistant with over 5 years of experience in customer service and office operations,
- Secondary School diploma and or 5+ years of combined relevant work experience
- 3 years proven experience in an Administrative/Financial support and customer service position, preferably in an operational type environment,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Kronos and/or Timekeeping system experience
- Experience in basic principles of analytics, statistics and running reports/forecasting
- Able to obtain and retain Transportation Security Clearance at the designated level for the position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability
- Knowledge of basic analysis tools and statistics
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong understanding how to use Microsoft office products
- Advanced user of Excel
- Ability to effectively work independently and in teams
- Strong quantitative skills, attention to detail, a high interest in problem solving
- Ability to work independently in handling priorities and meeting timelines.
- Ability to prioritize and be well organized
What’s in it for you!
We offer our GTAA members amazing benefits, including retirement planning, group health benefits, employee
assistance programs (EAP), paid leave, education and training, as well as recognition and rewards programs.