Greater Toronto Airports Authority Jobs | Passenger Service Representative (6 month, full-time term) Career Opportunity at Greater Toronto Airports Authority Careers Web-page. Greater Toronto Airports Authority Toronto, Ontario Jobs . Find-out Toronto, Ontario Government Jobs for freshers. Toronto Entry Level Jobs In Ontario. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Toronto, Ontario. Get All Hiring Updates From www.torontopearson.com
Notification Out From Greater Toronto Airports Authority Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In Greater Toronto Airports Authority, Can Apply For Jobs In Greater Toronto Airports Authority For The Position Of Passenger Service Representative (6 month, full-time term). Read Out Full Job Description About This Greater Toronto Airports Authority Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
Greater Toronto Airports Authority Jobs | Passenger Service Representative (6 month, full-time term) Careers Opportunity In Toronto, Ontario
Greater Toronto Airports Authority Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With Greater Toronto Airports Authority As A Passenger Service Representative (6 month, full-time term), Now They Can Apply For Greater Toronto Airports Authority Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On Greater Toronto Airports Authority Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $ 83,376.00 per year. Greater Toronto Airports Authority Jobs In Toronto, Ontario.
Briefed Details Of Greater Toronto Airports Authority Jobs For Position Of Passenger Service Representative (6 month, full-time term)
Recruiting Agency / Department :- Greater Toronto Airports Authority
Vacant Position :- Passenger Service Representative (6 month, full-time term)
Jobs Type :- Greater Toronto Airports Authority Jobs Canada
Salary :- $ 83,376.00 per year
Apply Through:- www.torontopearson.com
Greater Toronto Airports Authority Jobs In Ontario, Canada Full Job Description
Full Job Description
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) is a unique and dynamic place to work. Approximately 1,400 GTAA employees work non-stop with our partners and agencies to deliver a safe and welcoming airport experience at Canada’s leading global hub airport, Toronto Pearson. The impacts of the pandemic have been significant to our industry, yet we remain Pearson Strong and are realizing the opportunity to accelerate our Healthy Airport commitment. Join us on our accelerated journey in creating the airport of the future in a smart, healthy and profitable way.
Reporting to the Manager Passenger Services, the incumbent is responsible for answering public/passenger inquiries relating to the GTAA and airport operations and services; in-Terminal paging, both audio and video; performing the role of “Concierge” to the public and providing recommendations on various requests for restaurants, entertainment and transportation options.
- Providing guidance to passengers inside the Terminal on numerous processes and operating procedures
- Answering public phone lines, in-Terminal courtesy phones, and social media inquiries
- Attending and resolving passenger inquiries or complaints inside and outside the Terminal
- Handling the airport’s Lost and Found program, including logging in lost items and reconciling them with their owner
- Acting as a first level responder to complaint calls in accordance with established protocols
- Assisting passengers in communication/co-ordination with airlines, agencies and tenants in relation to irregular events
- Recommending sale of ground transportation tickets, hotels, and other ticket sales (tours)
- Providing translation services to the public and assisting in locating lost children/individuals
- Dealing with irate passengers by using tact and professionalism to resolve their issues
- Using manual and electronic devices
- Monitoring assigned process and reporting on observations
- Setting up and monitoring stanchion set up
- Monitoring check-in assignments and rectify if not to plan
- Monitoring baggage belt assignments and flow of passengers and rectify if not to plan which may include initiating calls to the RMU
- Monitoring and controlling the flow of passengers through agencies (CBP, CBSA, CATSA) and swinging doors to configure specific sectors of the Terminal which involves sweeping the lounge area in advance
- Establishing cold weather queue in the Terminals for Ground Transportation services
- Distributing portable paging units during system outages
- Coordinating queues during IRROPS or peak periods
- Directing passengers during closures of facilities and controlling the flow into specific processing areas
- Placing temporary directional signage and responding within the Incident Management System (IMS) program and assisting with IRROPS and large-scale events as directed by the Manager, Operations
This is a 24/7 rotating shift position, and the successful candidate must be able to work all shifts and be available to commence the duties of the position once a selection decision has been made. A computer and written test may be administered as a part of the competitive process. An eligibility list may be used to staff similar positions.
Candidates with relevant external experience must provide references with their applications in order to confirm this experience.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada. The GTAA will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to disability or any other ground protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
- Must possess Post-Secondary education with a preference in Business Administration, Customer Service and/or Tourism/Hospitality; or have an acceptable combination of education, training and practical work experience.
- Must possess fluent oral and written communication skills in English, French and at least one other language, which will be tested as part of the selection process
- Must have demonstrated experience in customer service and interacting with the public individually and in large crowds
- Experience in airport operations as well as having worked in a call centre environment is preferred
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of local and provincial tourism; local geography and methods of transportation to inform the travelling public, and knowledge of airport operations, layout and services provided
- Must demonstrate skills in dealing with the public in very busy and hectic situations, multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a great deal of tact and patience in dealing with the public
- The position requires long periods of standing and walking within the Terminals, listening for extended periods of time in a call-centre environment, as well as moving and arranging stanchions and deploying IRROP phone carts, greeters’ booths and temporary signage
- Must have the ability to interact with the public using numerous different mediums in various languages, gain and maintain control of a crowd and remain calm in stressful situations, including dealing with irate passengers
What’s in it for you!
We offer our GTAA members amazing benefits, including retirement planning, group health benefits, employee assistance programs (EAP), paid leave, education and training, as well as recognition and rewards programs.