Environmental Defense Fund Jobs | Post-Doctoral Fellow Career Opportunity at Environmental Defense Fund Careers Web-page. Environmental Defense Fund Surrey, British Columbia Jobs . Find-out Surrey, British Columbia Government Jobs for freshers. Surrey Entry Level Jobs In British Columbia. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Surrey, British Columbia. Get All Hiring Updates From www.edf.org
Notification Out From Environmental Defense Fund Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In Environmental Defense Fund, Can Apply For Jobs In Environmental Defense Fund For The Position Of Post-Doctoral Fellow. Read Out Full Job Description About This Environmental Defense Fund Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
Environmental Defense Fund Jobs | Post-Doctoral Fellow Careers Opportunity In Surrey, British Columbia
Environmental Defense Fund Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With Environmental Defense Fund As A Post-Doctoral Fellow, Now They Can Apply For Environmental Defense Fund Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On Environmental Defense Fund Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $ 51399.00 per year. Environmental Defense Fund Jobs In Surrey, British Columbia.
Briefed Details Of Environmental Defense Fund Jobs For Position Of Post-Doctoral Fellow
Recruiting Agency / Department :- Environmental Defense Fund
Vacant Position :- NO JOBS AVAILABLE AT TIME
Jobs Type :- Environmental Defense Fund Jobs Canada
Salary :- $ 51399.00 per year
Apply Through:- www.edf.org
Environmental Defense Fund Jobs In British Columbia, Canada Full Job Description
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow, Canada Oil & Gas Emissions will work on quantifying methane emissions across Canadian provinces and derive deliverables from the data. The deliverables will be in the form of public release of analyzed data as well as peer-reviewed publications. The Fellow will work with EDF’s Office of the Chief Scientist on the Canada oil and gas emission measurement campaign and report to a Senior Scientist in the Office of the Chief Scientist.
- Play a lead role in the preparation of scientific papers and reports, fact sheets, and blog posts for general audiences;
- Contribute to the development of Canada oil & gas campaign measurement protocols and sampling plans for collaborating scientists to collect data;
- Manage the quality assurance and transfer of data from field teams to our website developer;
- Maintain and update geospatial data layers such as O&G infrastructure;
- Perform geospatial and statistical analyses to address science and policy questions;
- Answer questions about the project and data from various stakeholders including the public and O&G operators;
- Present scientific and policy-relevant results from this work at major conferences;
- Provide scientific support to other EDF O&G emissions project efforts on an as-needed basis.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- A recent Ph.D. in atmospheric science, statistics, or a related field;
- Knowledge about oil and gas industry infrastructure, operations and methane emissions;
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and knowledge in statistics; preference for proficiency in Python or a similar language allowing analysis of large data sets.
- Proficiency in geospatial analyses with ArcGIS or other software;
- Experience in performing rigorous analysis with short deadlines in support of highly visible work;
- The ability to communicate complex ideas in writing and orally to multiple stakeholders with different levels of expertise, including the public and O&G operators.
- An interest and commitment to solving environmental problems through collaborative projects based on rigorous science and solutions-focused advocacy.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to travel at least 10% of the time, especially for candidates not near an EDF office.