Elections Ontario Jobs | ADVANCE POLL DEPUTY RETURNING OFFICER Career Opportunity at Elections Ontario Careers Web-page. Elections Ontario Toronto, Ontario Jobs . Find-out Toronto, Ontario Government Jobs for freshers. Toronto Entry Level Jobs In Ontario. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Toronto, Ontario. Get All Hiring Updates From www.elections.on.ca
Notification Out From Elections Ontario Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In Elections Ontario, Can Apply For Jobs In Elections Ontario For The Position Of ADVANCE POLL DEPUTY RETURNING OFFICER. Read Out Full Job Description About This Elections Ontario Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
Elections Ontario Jobs | ADVANCE POLL DEPUTY RETURNING OFFICER Careers Opportunity In Toronto, Ontario
Elections Ontario Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With Elections Ontario As A ADVANCE POLL DEPUTY RETURNING OFFICER, Now They Can Apply For Elections Ontario Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On Elections Ontario Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $ 80,044.00 per year. Elections Ontario Jobs In Toronto, Ontario.
Briefed Details Of Elections Ontario Jobs For Position Of ADVANCE POLL DEPUTY RETURNING OFFICER
Recruiting Agency / Department :- Elections Ontario
Vacant Position :-NO JOBS AVAILABLE AT TIME
Jobs Type :- Elections Ontario Jobs Canada
Salary :- $ 80,044.00 per year
Apply Through:- www.elections.on.ca
Elections Ontario Jobs In Ontario, Canada Full Job Description
The Advance Poll Deputy Returning Officer (APDRO) processes electors, revises their information and issues ballots using electronic forms and lists on a computer equipped with Elections Ontario software.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Advance Poll Supervising Deputy Returning Officer (APSDRO), you will:
- Complete poll set up the night before the first day of advance polls or morning of the first day of advance polls, as directed.
- Notify the Advance Poll Supervising Deputy Returning Officer of individuals who did not show up for work, any services that are disrupted, incidents that occur or complaints that are made at the polls in a timely manner.
- Ensure staffing resources, supplies and poll layout conforms with Elections Ontario standards.
- Ensure the voting location is free of any partisan campaign materials.
- Ensure the voting location is accessible to the electors.
- Assist electors with disabilities, if required.
- Verify elector identification and qualifications to vote.
- Complete tasks using forms and lists on a computer equipped with Elections Ontario software.
- Issue ballots to eligible electors.
- Manage a large flow of electors within a voting location.
- Complete tasks manually, using paper forms and lists, legibly and efficiently, if required.
- Ensure Scrutineers and candidate representatives are following guidelines set forth within the voting location.
- Direct any elector issues to the Advance Poll Supervising Deputy Returning Officer as they arise.
- Ensure the voting location promptly closes on time each night of advance polls, and that all electors that entered the voting location prior to close can mark and cast their ballot to vote.
- Securely store equipment and materials at the voting location each night during advance polls.
- Remove all posters and signage after closing on the last night of advance polls.
- Ensure poll supplies and technology from the voting location are returned to the returning office after closing on the last night of advance polls.
How do I qualify?
- Access to transportation and a cell phone.
- Availability to work up to 11 hours per advance poll day.
- Availability to work up to 10 consecutive days of advance polls.
- Availability to work up to three hours as directed on the night before the first day of advance polls, to set up and troubleshoot technology.
- Availability to attend a training session.
- Ability to read and observe voting procedures at the voting location.
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and problem- solving skills to resolve issues and communicate solutions to staff and the public in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to understand, rationalize and resolve situations efficiently as they arise.
- Ability to identify and verify information provided by an elector in a timely manner via hard copy or mobile device.
- Ability to complete data entry of elector information using specific software programs.
- Ability to complete paper-based forms with clear and legible handwriting and good attention to detail, if required.
- Ability to calculate, tally and track the number of ballots manually, if required.
- Ability to work for long stretches of time (up to 11 hours, with the exception of the first day of advance polls, up to 13 hours).
- Ability to learn quickly, follow directions, and complete repetitive duties.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be a Canadian citizen and at least 18 years of age on election day.
Please apply using the link below:
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 10 days, Any City, Anywhere in Ontario
- This ad is also available in French.
- This posting is for an organization that is not a part of the Ontario Public Service. The information and tips on the Ontario Public Service Careers website may not apply to this posting. Please use the contact information below to contact the organization directly if you have questions.