Corus Entertainment Jobs | Producer, Global National (BC)-National News Vancouver Career Opportunity at Corus Entertainment Careers Web-page. Corus Entertainment Vancouver, British Columbia Jobs . Find-out Vancouver, British Columbia Government Jobs for freshers. Vancouver Entry Level Jobs In British Columbia. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Vancouver, British Columbia. Get All Hiring Updates From www.corusent.com
Notification Out From Corus Entertainment Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In Corus Entertainment, Can Apply For Jobs In Corus Entertainment For The Position Of Producer, Global National (BC)-National News Vancouver. Read Out Full Job Description About This Corus Entertainment Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
Corus Entertainment Jobs | Producer, Global National (BC)-National News Vancouver Careers Opportunity In Vancouver, British Columbia
Corus Entertainment Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With Corus Entertainment As A Producer, Global National (BC)-National News Vancouver, Now They Can Apply For Corus Entertainment Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On Corus Entertainment Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $ 79,397.00 per year. Corus Entertainment Jobs In Vancouver, British Columbia.
Briefed Details Of Corus Entertainment Jobs For Position Of Producer, Global National (BC)-National News Vancouver
Recruiting Agency / Department :- Corus Entertainment
Vacant Position :- Producer, Global National (BC)-National News Vancouver
Jobs Type :- Corus Entertainment Jobs Canada
Salary :- $ 79,397.00 per year
Apply Through:- www.corusent.com
Corus Entertainment Jobs In British Columbia, Canada Full Job Description
Full Job Description
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
Global National is looking for a permanent, Full-Time Producer to join our award-winning flagship news program. The successful candidate is passionate about news, an exceptional writer, trusted producer and ideas-generator who understands how to deliver smart, impactful and innovative stories. They regularly go above and beyond and are a master of distilling complex stories and ideas into sharp, compelling television. They will work with the Supervising Producer and Global National correspondents to identify angles and compelling voices, and pitch, shape and produce packages that advance the story.
They will also pitch, write and produce news content for the show.
This position will report to the Supervising Producer for Global National.
This is a Group 4 position under the current collective agreement.
As a Producer, the following is an outline of some but not all of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Working with reporters to focus news packages and deliver innovative, impactful storytelling
- Writing, producing and vetting reporter packages
- Writing and vetting compelling, accurate news copy, including story leads, bumpers and promos
- Developing and pitching creative ways to deliver news content
- Develop news content through a diverse and inclusive lens
- Assignment of stories, cameras, live resources and reporters
- Creating news content using desktop editing systems
- Conducting news interviews
- Monitoring all news sources, including feeds, wires and social media
- Maintaining Global News’ high production standards;
- Position may involves regular weekend shifts and may also include a variety of other shifts
- Other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
- Post-Secondary Degree, diploma or equivalent experience in television broadcasting
- Minimum of five years’ TV news production and control room experience
- Working knowledge of all newsroom production software
- Working knowledge of desktop editing, using Stratus/Edius
- Must have proven strong editorial news judgment, with solid research abilities
- Proven ability to access and interpret property searches, title searches, court records and civil filings for all jurisdictions
- Proven ability to write and execute Freedom of Information requests for all levels of government
- Experience in diverse and inclusive storytelling
- Strong news writing skills
- Proven ability to multitask, working quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with online content production, writing for the web, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows, as well as learn new skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation
- Familiarity with the current state of online news reporting and where it’s headed
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system an asset
- Must have excellent people skills with the ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique – and amazing – place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.