City of Winnipeg Jobs | Clerk B – Enrollment/Leave of Absence Clerk Career Opportunity at City of Winnipeg Careers Web-page. City of Winnipeg Winnipeg, Manitoba Jobs . Find-out Winnipeg,, Manitoba Government Jobs for freshers. Winnipeg, Entry Level Jobs In Manitoba. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Winnipeg,, Manitoba. Get All Hiring Updates From careers.winnipeg.ca
Notification Out From City of Winnipeg Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In City of Winnipeg, Can Apply For Jobs In City of Winnipeg For The Position Of Clerk B – Enrollment/Leave of Absence Clerk. Read Out Full Job Description About This City of Winnipeg Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
City of Winnipeg Jobs | Clerk B – Enrollment/Leave of Absence Clerk Careers Opportunity In Winnipeg,, Manitoba
City of Winnipeg Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With City of Winnipeg As A Clerk B – Enrollment/Leave of Absence Clerk, Now They Can Apply For City of Winnipeg Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On City of Winnipeg Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $ 44419.00 Par Year . City of Winnipeg Jobs In Winnipeg,, Manitoba.
Briefed Details Of City of Winnipeg Jobs For Position Of Clerk B – Enrollment/Leave of Absence Clerk
Recruiting Agency / Department :- City of Winnipeg
Vacant Position :- Clerk B – Enrollment/Leave of Absence Clerk
Jobs Type :- City of Winnipeg Jobs Canada
Salary :- $ 44419.00 Par Year
Apply Through:- careers.winnipeg.ca
City of Winnipeg Jobs In Manitoba, Canada Full Job Description
Full Job Description
Under the general supervision of the Director of Information Systems, the Enrollment/Leave of Absence (LOA) Clerk processes all pension contribution and group life insurance deductions from employer payrolls, relationship breakdowns, terminations and leave of absence service continuance. The position also prepares and processes employer deduction data, leave of absence benefits, employee/employer costs and all necessary correspondence.
This position researches and resolves various exception/error reports and performs other duties appropriate to the position classification, as assigned, to assist in the efficient operation of Information Services and The Program.
As the Enrollment/Leave of Absence Clerk you will:
- Process pension and group life insurance data received from employer payrolls; review and resolve exception reports; and determine all conditions have been met to allow for final payroll balance reports to be processed;
- Process new pension plan and group life enrolments; apply plan rules with respect to plan enrollment eligibility requirements; and review employees’ employment records, including mailing enrollment packages as required;
- Review and research exception conditions to maintain data accuracy and integrity, including resolving circumstances where Plan Members receive unusually large pensionable earning values or retroactive adjustments; year-end compression exceptions, valuation accuracy tests and annual pension statement edits are also to be reviewed;
- Determine the service and pensionable earnings that a Member may continue to accrue during the various types of leave of absences as outlined in the pension and insurance trust agreements, bylaws, and union agreements; and notify the Member of the amount they must pay to maintain their benefits;
- Calculate assumed service and earnings for employees on maternity/parental leave and update system accordingly;
- Year-end processing, including correcting year-end interest and compression reports; update service and earnings for reciprocating Members; and update information for Members not on the regular biweekly payroll systems (i.e. CANLAN, union representatives, Police LTD, etc.);
- Process Group Insurance information (beneficiary forms, increase/decrease coverage, reconciliation reports etc.);
- Enroll reciprocal employees (coding of all earnings, eligibility service and credited service);
- Perform relationship breakdown processing (split data based on marital period, code ex-spouses refund, reinstate data if separation benefit is waived);
- Code refunds (resulting from employment termination, relationship breakdowns, deaths, additional contributions, garnishments, small pensions etc.);
- Deal with inquiries from Plan Members in person, over the phone and in writing; review and code general status change information (i.e. contributor information, marital status, addresses, etc.);
- Liaise between The Winnipeg Civic Employees’ Benefits Program and employers/departments to resolve data discrepancies;
- Perform other related duties compatible with the classification, including, but not limited to, analyzing and coding TRX reports.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school graduation, including completion of university entrance mathematics courses or equivalent training and experience;
- Completion of a recognized business course or training in office procedures, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills are required;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel (Advanced) and MS Word (Basic);
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage competing priorities; ability to prioritize workflows and work under pressure at times of high volume, and consistently meet deadlines and established performance standards of productivity and quality;
- Proven self-starter, operating with a strong sense of urgency; ability to follow instructions, work independently and exercise sound judgement with minimal supervision;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and deal effectively and courteously with Plan Members;
- Knowledge of general office practices and the ability to follow office procedures and policies;
- Thorough knowledge of The Winnipeg Civic Employees’ Benefits Program within 12 months;
- Ability to acquire a working knowledge of the Manitoba Pension Benefits Act through on-the-job training.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain Police Information Search information, please visit: www.winnipeg.ca/police
- Prior to commencement of employment, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by providing a Government of Manitoba issued QR code and photo identification.
- Applicants will be required to undergo proficiency testing to determine their knowledge, skills and abilities as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented