City of Kawartha Lakes Jobs | Administrative Assistant Career Opportunity at City of Kawartha Lakes Careers Web-page. City of Kawartha Lakes Kawartha Lakes, Ontario Jobs . Find-out Kawartha Lakes, Ontario Government Jobs for freshers. Kawartha Lakes Entry Level Jobs In Ontario. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Kawartha Lakes, Ontario. Get All Hiring Updates www.kawarthalakes.ca
Notification Out From City of Kawartha Lakes Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In City of Kawartha Lakes, Can Apply For Jobs In City of Kawartha Lakes For The Position Of Administrative Assistant. Read Out Full Job Description About This City of Kawartha Lakes Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
City of Kawartha Lakes Jobs | Administrative Assistant Careers Opportunity In Kawartha Lakes, Ontario
City of Kawartha Lakes Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With City of Kawartha Lakes As A Administrative Assistant, Now They Can Apply For City of Kawartha Lakes Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On City of Kawartha Lakes Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $ 25.89–28.41 an hour. City of Kawartha Lakes Jobs In Kawartha Lakes, Ontario.
Briefed Details Of City of Kawartha Lakes Jobs For Position Of Administrative Assistant
Recruiting Agency / Department :- City of Kawartha Lakes
Vacant Position :- Administrative Assistant
Jobs Type :- City of Kawartha Lakes Jobs Canada
Salary :- $ 25.89–28.41 an hour
Apply Through:- www.kawarthalakes.ca
City of Kawartha Lakes Jobs In Ontario, Canada Full Job Description
This position is responsible for front line representation of the department and for providing administrative and clerical services, including financial accounting functions and in some cases, payroll support.
Job Title Administrative Assistant
Wage $25.89 – $28.41 hourly (2022)
Reports To Executive Assistant, Public Works
Department Public Works Administration
Location Public Works
Hours Normal Working Hours 35 hours per week
Other General office environment. Some travel throughout the City of Kawartha Lakes may be necessary in accordance with job requirements; attend meetings and events as required
NOTE: This posting is open for the first three (3) working days (11:59 pm July 21, 2022) to employees who currently hold this job title. If an Administrative Assistant applies within the first three (3) working days of this posting, the position will be awarded to the most senior Administrative Assistant applicant; otherwise, the seven day posting period will be honoured and all qualified applicants will be considered.
- Provide information in response to requests from the public and provides information requiring varying degrees of research and personal contact concerning the Department and its affairs, emphasizing customer service
- Act as a liaison between the public, Council, staff and other public or private agencies, along with maintaining telephone, counter reception, and e-mail communication
- Input payroll data, ensuring accuracy and completeness, check time card data, and maintain employee data records and databases
- Coordinate and track staff vacation requests
- Assist the Manager in preparation and monitoring of budgets for the division
- Review invoices and statements for accuracy related to the department and ensure that all invoices are properly coded, approved by senior staff and forwarded to Accounts Payable for payment
- Act as a division liaison with Finance and generate required purchase orders, change order request, etc.
- Assist with scheduling annual and semi-annual training
- Liaise with Land Management on the preparation of Limited Service Agreements and Boundary Road Agreements
- Receive and prepare road closure applications and oversized/moving and road occupancy permits
- Input annual capital budget requests received from Public Works Divisions
- Responsible for inventory control and input and divisional data collection and input into various departmental and corporate computer systems
- Schedule appointments, meetings, book conferences/workshops, training, etc. and make travel arrangements
- Provide clerical support to various committees, including agenda preparation, printing and distribution, meeting attendance, minute preparation and required follow-up such as correspondence and drafting reports for final approval
- Review all incoming correspondence by mail, fax and courier, obtains background information, and forwards on to the appropriate staff
- Compose letters and correspondence for signature and prepares reports and agreements as required; proof reads for accuracy, grammatical errors and completeness
- Collect and enter statistical data and calculate, and produce reports and statistical information for the Manager
- Maintain and update multiple department databases and provide related information and reports
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems, including confidential files, and may act as records liaison for the department/division
- Research information and manage/assist with special projects
- Provide backup administrative assistant support to other divisions within the Department
- Support a variety of division related projects, such as research, database management, ordering and distribution of supplies, promotional materials, etc.
- Occasional travel is required to attend meetings and training
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma in Office Administration or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, preferably in a municipal environment
- Office experience in the specific business of the department is preferred
- Demonstrated professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use confidential information appropriately, treat sensitive situations with appropriate degree of tact and discretion
- Demonstrated customer-service and interpersonal skills at a level to develop and to maintain cooperative/collaborative working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines, and the ability to deal with multiple demands
- Excellent written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative consistently with commitment to quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to understand and abide by municipal policies and procedures
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, the internet, and any other related software
Applicants must be prepared for skill testing.