City of Belleville Jobs | Accounts Payable Representative Career Opportunity at City of Belleville Careers Web-page. City of Belleville Belleville, Ontario Jobs . Find-out Belleville, Ontario Government Jobs for freshers. Belleville Entry Level Jobs In Ontario. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Belleville, Ontario. Get All Hiring Updates From forms.belleville.ca
Notification Out From City of Belleville Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In City of Belleville, Can Apply For Jobs In City of Belleville For The Position Of Accounts Payable Representative. Read Out Full Job Description About This City of Belleville Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
City of Belleville Jobs | Accounts Payable Representative Careers Opportunity In Belleville, Ontario
City of Belleville Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With City of Belleville As A Accounts Payable Representative, Now They Can Apply For City of Belleville Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On City of Belleville Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $24.73–29.46 an hour. City of Belleville Jobs In Belleville, Ontario.
Briefed Details Of City of Belleville Jobs For Position Of Accounts Payable Representative
Recruiting Agency / Department :- City of Belleville
Vacant Position :- Accounts Payable Representative
Jobs Type :- City of Belleville Jobs Canada
Salary :- $24.73–29.46 an hour
Apply Through:- forms.belleville.ca
City of Belleville Jobs In Ontario, Canada Full Job Description
$24.73–$29.46 an hour
Full Job Description
Job Details: Accounts Payable Representative
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE REPRESENTATIVE
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: July 11th, 2022 at 4:30 pm
Number of Positions: One (1)
File Number: SV22-94
Hours: 35 hours per week; Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Rate of Pay: $24.73 – $29.46 per hour
The City of Belleville, known as the ‘Friendly City’, is located at the mouth of the Moira River where it meets the picturesque Bay of Quinte. Experience world-class fishing, boating, cycling and walking along approximately 14 kilometers of waterfront trails. Situated between Toronto and Montreal, and less than one hour from the U.S. border, the City truly is at the center of it all. Approximately 56,000 people make Belleville their home and over 220,000 live within 30 minutes of the City. We are in close proximity to Prince Edward County where you can discover award winning wineries and numerous beaches including Sandbanks Provincial Park. We are home to Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology as well as Albert College, Canada’s oldest co-ed boarding independent private school. The historic downtown core provides numerous restaurants, shopping and live music and theater venues for an amazing cultural experience. Our inviting blend of small town warmth and big city amenities, quality of life and affordable housing make Belleville the perfect place to live, work and play. More information is available at www.belleville.ca.
Currently, the City of Belleville has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join the Finance Department as an Accounts Payable Representative.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position reports to the Deputy Treasurer/Manager of Finance, and is responsible for the control and payment of all City Accounts Payable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, resolve and verifies cheque voucher, invoice and purchase order information prepared by other departments and ensure compliance with established accounts payable policies and HST/GST guidelines.
- Provide guidance to staff on issues surrounding voucher and purchase order issues identified
- Processing cheque stop payments and arranging for replacement payment as directed
- Maintaining manual file system for utility account payments, review of consumption data and forwarding to departments
- Control and updating of vendor files in financial software, as approved
- Monthly maintenance, input and review of purchasing card reconciliations and supporting information for accuracy, approval and completeness of information
- Regularly respond and provide information regarding account inquiries from internal staff and suppliers
- Receive, review and follow up with departments on supplier statements provided
- Providing backup relief for Accounts Payable/Receivable Representative when absent
Note: Above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Two ( 2) Year Community College Diploma in Accounting or other related Business program
Asset (preferred) Qualifications:
- Accounts Payable, Receivable and General Ledger accounting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications with strong proficiency in Excel and Word
- Mathematical, organizational, time management , interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience and professionalism in dealing with both inter-departmental and external contacts, with consideration of confidential information
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in dealing with supplier, customer and team member confidential matters
- Ability to work under tight timelines
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Two ( 2) years Accounts Payable/Receivable experience
- Two (2) years General Ledger accounting experience
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Competitive extended health benefits
- 10 vacation days per year to start, increases with years of service
- OMERS Pension Plan employer-matched contributions
How to Apply:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.