Archway Society for Domestic Peace Jobs | Summer Student – Grounds and Facilities Assistant Career Opportunity at Archway Society for Domestic Peace Careers Web-page. Archway Society for Domestic Peace Vernon, British Columbia Jobs . Find-out Vernon, British Columbia Government Jobs for freshers. Vernon Entry Level Jobs In British Columbia. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in Vernon, British Columbia. Get All Hiring Updates archwaysociety.ca
Notification Out From Archway Society for Domestic Peace Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In Archway Society for Domestic Peace, Can Apply For Jobs In Archway Society for Domestic Peace For The Position Of Summer Student – Grounds and Facilities Assistant. Read Out Full Job Description About This Archway Society for Domestic Peace Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
Archway Society for Domestic Peace Jobs | Summer Student – Grounds and Facilities Assistant Careers Opportunity In Vernon, British Columbia
Archway Society for Domestic Peace Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With Archway Society for Domestic Peace As A Summer Student – Grounds and Facilities Assistant, Now They Can Apply For Archway Society for Domestic Peace Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On Archway Society for Domestic Peace Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $16.62 per hour. Archway Society for Domestic Peace Jobs In Vernon, British Columbia.
Briefed Details Of Archway Society for Domestic Peace Jobs For Position Of Summer Student – Grounds and Facilities Assistant
Recruiting Agency / Department :- Archway Society for Domestic Peace
Vacant Position :-NO JOBS AVAILABLE AT TIME
Jobs Type :- Archway Society for Domestic Peace Jobs Canada
Salary :- $16.62 per hour
Apply Through:- archwaysociety.ca
Archway Society for Domestic Peace Jobs In British Columbia, Canada Full Job
Summer Student – Grounds and Facilities Assistant
Position Title: Summer Student – Grounds and Facilities Assistant
Reports to: Building Maintenance Coordinator
Hours: 12 weeks; 35 hours/week
Submit resumes to: [email protected]
We are leaders in empowering women, children, and families to live with dignity and respect, free from
domestic and sexual violence.
At Archway Society for Domestic Peace we are committed to the development and empowerment of
women, children and families in our community. We are a purpose-driven organization with a shared
sense of belonging, working collaboratively within a feminist framework to create a safe space that
respects and supports the traditions, rights, choices and voices of all staff.
We offer students an opportunity to learn in the field, gain practical hands-one experience and be part
of a supportive team environment where we foster respect, trust connection and collaboration.
Come join us! Create a better world, do purposeful work, have an impact and join a team that supports
you and allows you to flourish.
The Grounds and Facilities Assistant works in consultation/collaboration with the Building Maintenance
Coordinator, and helps with upkeep and repairs to grounds, buildings, and equipment in areas such as
carpentry, plumbing, painting and grounds keeping. Work will take place at various locations.
Education and Knowledge, Training and Experience
- Must be between 15- 30 years of age (Federal Program Requirement) and have a valid Social
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person on whom refugee protection has been
conferred (Federal Program Requirement).
- Must provide satisfactory criminal records check and driver’s abstract.
Skills and Abilities
- This position requires the ability to function independently and frequently under pressure while
managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines including effectively managing emergency
- Capable of operating hand tools and some machine tools (lawn mower, leaf blower, etc.)
- Moderate to high level of physical fitness to effectively carry out duties of the position.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs gardening and lawn maintenance tasks such as mowing, weeding, pruning and
- Maintains external areas such as entryways, sidewalks and parking lots using manual and
power tools – brooms, rakes, leaf blowers, shovels and other equipment to remove dirt,
leaves, and other refuse.
- Under the supervision and support of the Building Maintenance Coordinator, performs minor
carpentry, painting, mechanical and plumbing maintenance and repairs, including repairing
furniture, constructing shelves, applying paint and other finishes, repairing drywall,
disassembling and reassembling equipment, and applying finishing material such as flooring.
- Collects and removes refuse and recyclable materials and ensures safe disposal of hazardous
- Completes and maintains related records, such as maintenance logs and security incident
- Transports equipment, furniture and supplies manually and/or using aides such as dollies and
- Operates a Society owned motor vehicle to pick up and move goods and supplies. Arranges
furniture and supplies for special events.
- Cleans and maintains the Society’s motor vehicle.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Additional Job Information:
- This position may require working outside of regular office hours, such as evenings and weekends,
depending on the needs of the program.
- All employees pass criminal records check and sign a confidentiality agreement to the organization.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license and an appropriately insured vehicle in good running
order present at work.
- Applicants are advised that an Accredited Facility Dog (AFD) works at our Community Programs
building and although she spends most of the time with a Primary Handler, the AFD may also be in
common areas and attend meetings during regular work hours
- Membership with the BC Government and Service Employees’ Union (BCGEU) is required
- Archway Society believes that a vaccinated population is a vital part of keeping us, our clients,
families, and communities protected from COVID-19. With this in mind, Archway will review the
vaccination status for each new employee prior to their first day of employment.
Please submit your resume with cover letter to [email protected] quoting the job title in the subject