ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Jobs | Fleet Manager, Technical and Operations Career Opportunity at ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Careers Web-page. ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION St. Catharines, Ontario Jobs . Find-out St. Catharines, Ontario Government Jobs for freshers. St. Catharines Entry Level Jobs In Ontario. Get latest job Opportunity in Canadian Government. Canadian Government Jobs in St. Catharines, Ontario. Get All Hiring Updates www.algonet.com
Notification Out From ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Careers Portal, Candidates Those Are Searching For Career Opportunities In ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION, Can Apply For Jobs In ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION For The Position Of Fleet Manager, Technical and Operations. Read Out Full Job Description About This ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Recruitment Described Below. But Before You First Confirm That Your Profile Matches With Recruiters Defined Eligibility Criteria.
ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Jobs | Fleet Manager, Technical and Operations Careers Opportunity In St. Catharines, Ontario
ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Opened Hiring On Their Official Careers Portal, Job Seekers Who Are Eligible And Interested To Work With ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION As A Fleet Manager, Technical and Operations, Now They Can Apply For ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Jobs. This Is Great Career Opportunity For Those Candidates Who Are Looking For A Employment Opportunity On ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Careers Portal. Candidates Need Experience From Relevant Field And Required Qualification. Selected Candidates Will Get A Pay Of Around $71607.00 per year. ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Jobs In St. Catharines, Ontario.
Briefed Details Of ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Jobs For Position Of Fleet Manager, Technical and Operations
Recruiting Agency / Department :- ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION
Vacant Position :- Fleet Manager, Technical and Operations
Jobs Type :- ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Jobs Canada
Salary :- $71607.00 per year
Apply Through:- www.algonet.com
ALGOMA CENTRAL CORPORATION Jobs In Ontario, Canada Full Job Description
The Fleet Manager is designed to provide direction, guidance and leadership to the Ocean Vessel management group for vessel management related to day-to-day operations and planning while keeping safety and environmental standards and operational efficiencies in accordance with Company policies and procedures, as well as Government regulations and customer expectations.
- Coordinates and supervises overall activities of the ocean group in accordance with established company policies and procedures
- Draws up and takes responsibility for fixed and variable CAPEX and OPEX budgets related to the Ocean fleet including dry dock planning, and execution.
- Provides effective communications to the VP Technical Operations/Chief Executive Officer on Ocean fleet matters
- Oversees and provides direction on safety, environmental and operational regulatory matters pertaining to the Ocean Fleet.
- Oversees day to day operational and commercial matters and communicates with relevant parties.
- Provides a leadership role for interdepartmental relationship with Sales/Traffic groups including involvement with projects, business development, fleet productivity and continuous quality improvement
- Liaises with Crewing Mangers in regard to crewing requirements and planning including training, appointment of officers and ratings, officer advancements, and personnel issues
- Provides leadership to the fleet and purchasing group relative to supplies and services for operational efficiencies
- Oversees the Senior Superintendent and Superintendent, Engineering for direction and leadership to operations to support vessel management and the fleet
- Provides support to the Chief Executive Officer in the management of insurance related casualties with respect to repairs, coordination with the Vice President, Finance for administrative claims management, and any required communication with underwriters representatives related to casualties, insurance and/or surveys
- Monitors and provides support to emergency response situations
- Represents the Company as required at industry, government and public forums
- Develops company policies and procedures to meet or exceed regulatory requirements
- Responds to field and technical requests as required
- Stays current with new technologies and apply as appropriate to new and ongoing projects
- Conducts shipboard visits relating to the effective management and operation of the Ocean Fleet
- Champions Operational Excellence, Safety, and Environmental initiatives
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Marine Engineering, Naval Architect or equivalent
- 7-10 years’ experience in a related field with vessel dry docking experience in China and Turkey
- Working knowledge of Bulk Carriers and self-unloading systems, experience as a Fleet Manager is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills
- Able to create and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy on all business matters
- Effective meeting management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Multi-tasking and organization skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team environment and balance the needs of a number of Individuals and the team
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information and drawings
- Ability to carry out incident investigations and analysis
- Ability to lead and motivate groups and individuals
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Business minded with strong strategic acumen and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this rewarding career, please send your resume directly to [email protected] Please include “Fleet Manager – Technical and Operations” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship from Algoma.